the 2019 CWIP longlist for
Comedy Fiction by Unpublished Female Writers
The Comedy Women In Print (CWIP) prize aims to bring female comedy writing the exposure and recognition it deserves. A huge part of that is championing and celebrating new and as yet unpublished talent.
From over 200 submissions, 12 fantastic funny stories have been chosen.
• Captain Mintcake by Kristen Bailey
• The Ladies' Guide to Finding Love by Helen Doyle
• I Blame Jane Austen by Laura Dugdale
• Cow Girl by Kirsty Eyre
• The Kiss of Death by Stella Glorie
• TEFLland by Catherine Higgins-Moore
• The Best Days by Catherine Knight
• New Year at the Duck and Grapes by Jo Lovett-Turner
• The Lonely Fajita by Abigail Mann
• Love is Strange by Lotte Mullan
• It's (Not) Unusual by Sarah Palmer
• Little Lives Like Mine by Eva Verde
Martha Ashby is Editorial Director of Commercial Fiction at HarperFiction. They will be publishing the winning novel. This is what she had to say about the Prize:
“I’m absolutely delighted to be involved with the Comedy Women in Print prize – I’m a huge fan of a) women, b) women who write and c) women who write funny books, and this prize ticks all those boxes so perfectly!”
CWIP has loved finding out about the witty women writers behind the longlisted novels. When they are not writing wit, their day jobs include screenwriting, editing, journalism, teaching, charity working, performing, playing, singing, poetry and parenting. They also enjoy; park-running, wine-drinking, dog-walking, blogging, Netflixing, reading, tennis and pub-quizzing.
Discover the brilliant novels on the longlist for Comedy Fiction by Published Female Writers.
If you'd like to help support witty women's writing, why not become a Friend of CWIP today – starting from £20 you can become a part of a community influencing the profile and respect of witty content.